What’s in the Box
- AR-556 5.56mm with Magpul MOE Furniture
- (1) Magpul PMAG
- Cable Lock
- Owner’s manual
Introduced in 2014, the Ruger AR-556 has become one of the most prolific, affordable modern sporting rifles on the market, and now comes equipped with Magpul MOE Furniture.
The AR-556 is constructed from top-quality components, including forged 7075-T6 aluminum upper and lower receivers and a cold hammer-forged chrome-moly steel barrel with M4 feed ramp cuts. Chambered in 5.56 NATO, the AR-556’s carbine-length, flat-top, M4 design is fully configured with a Ruger® Rapid Deploy folding rear sight, milled F-height gas block with post front sight, forward assist, dust cover, and brass deflector.
The Ruger AR-556 was extensively tested during its development, with over a quarter million rounds expended during the final validation, endurance, and Ruger “jury” testing.
he AR-556 is an affordable yet well-equipped M4-style Modern Sporting Rifle from Ruger – one of the most trusted names in American firearms.
- Ruger® Rapid Deploy folding rear sight provides windage adjustability, and pairs with the elevation adjustable front sight for a solid, reliable aiming system. The rear sight can be folded out of the way to make room for optics, but can be instantly redeployed if needed.
- Six-position telescoping Magpul® MOE® Carbine buttstock and Mil-Spec buffer tube allow the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters, or varying levels of outerwear or defensive gear.
- Made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, the flattop upper receiver includes a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector, and is Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability.
- Bolt is machined from 9310 alloy steel and is shot peened and pressure (proof) tested to ensure strength, structural integrity and durability.
- Front sight post is elevation adjustable, and a front sight tool is included. The A2-style F-height allows co-witness with many optics.
- Patent pending Barrel Nut and Delta Ring are designed for one person handguard removal and installation. The design accepts most standard carbine length handguards. The barrel nut uses a standard wrench and can be swapped with a Mil-Spec barrel nut if desired.
- Milled gas block is located at a carbine-length (M4) position for improved balance and handling. Multiple attachment points include a QD socket and bayonet lug, for many sling and accessory mounting options. Serrations on the angled face of the gas block provide a low-glare surface.
- Medium contour cold hammer-forged barrel with ultra-precise rifling provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning. The 1:8″ twist rate stabilizes bullets from 35 to 77 grains, and the 5.56 NATO chamber allows the use of both 5.56 NATO and .223 Rem. Ammunition. M4 feed ramps provide improved operational reliability, and the matte black oxide finish reduces glare and provides corrosion resistance. A Ruger® flash suppressor is provided, and the 1/2″-28 threaded barrel allows for standard muzzle accessories to be installed.
- Ergonomic pistol grip features an extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control.
- Chrome-plated bolt carrier inside diameter and chrome-plated gas key inside diameter provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gas key is staked so that it will not loosen after extensive firing. A matte black oxide finish on the exterior of the bolt carrier provides corrosion resistance.
- Single-stage trigger provides durable and reliable fire control. The enlarged trigger guard is designed to allow gloved shooting.
- Magpul® MOE® M-LOK® handguard is made from heat-resistant glass-filled nylon for shooting comfort and durability.
- Also includes: 30-round Magpul® PMAG® Magazine
- Model Number: 8515
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO / 223 REM
- Stock: Magpul® MOE® Synthetic Collapsible
- Front Sight: Adjustable Post
- Rear Sight: Adjustable Ruger® Rapid Deploy
- Barrel Length: 16.10″
- Thread Pattern: 1/2″-28
- Handguard: Magpul® MOE® M-LOK®
- Twist: 1:8″ RH
- Capacity: 30
- Finish: Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Height: 8″
- Weight: 6.5 lb.
- Overall Length: 32.25″ – 35.50″
- Length of Pull: 10.25″ – 13.50″
- Grooves: 6