What’s in the Box
- Gunsite Scout Rifle 450 Bushmaster
- (1) Magazine
- Scope Rings
- (3) 1/2″ Buttpad Spacers
- Cable Lock
- Owner’s Manual
The Ruger® Gunsite Scout Rifle is now chambered in .450 Bushmaster. A natural extension of the Gunsite Scout Rifle line, the .450 Bushmaster model offers big-bore, high-energy performance in a compact and handy rifle. Weighing 6.6 pounds, this version of the Gunsite Scout Rifle features a 16.10″, 11/16″-24 threaded barrel with a 1:16 twist rate, offers controlled round feed and ships with a 4-round detachable box magazine.
The Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle in .450 Bushmaster features a cold hammer-forged, medium-contour, alloy steel barrel with a matte black oxide finish. The threaded barrel is fitted with a Ruger Precision Rifle® Hybrid Muzzle Brake, which can be removed in order to attach other threaded barrel accessories such as the included thread protector. The rifle’s trigger guard and magazine well are formed of glass-reinforced nylon. The magazine release is a push-forward Mini-14® paddle located just ahead of the trigger guard.The protected, non-glare, post front sight and receiver-mounted, adjustable, ghost ring rear sight provide for out-of-the-box usability. The forward-mounted Picatinny rail allows shooters to customize the rifle by mounting a variety of optics for “both eyes open” fast target acquisition. The rifle also features integral scope mounts and comes with Ruger® scope rings for conventional scope mounting.The American Walnut stock, with “Gunsite Scout Rifle” engraved on the grip cap, is equipped with sling swivel studs and features a checkered grip and forearm. A soft rubber recoil pad with three, 1/2″ spacers allows the length of pull to be adjusted and properly sized for different shooters or to give the shooter a proper fit with outerwear of varying thickness.
- The forward-mounted Picatinny rail allows for the mounting of modern optics, like an intermediate eye relief scope (not included), for “both eyes open” sighting and super-fast target acquisition.
- Also offers a built-in, accurate sighting system with ghost ring adjustable rear aperture sight and a non-glare, protected blade front sight.
- 4-round, detachable box magazine with push-forward magazine release just forward of the trigger guard.
- Patented integral scope mounts, machined directly on the solid-steel receiver, provide a stable mounting surface for scope rings, eliminating a potential source of looseness and inaccuracy in the field (scope rings included).
- Soft rubber buttpad with buttpad spacers allow the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters or varying levels of outerwear or defensive gear (three 1/2″ spacers included).
- Free-floated, cold hammer-forged barrel with ultra-precise rifling that provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning.
- Rugged and reliable with a glass-reinforced nylon trigger guard and magazine well.
- Non-rotating, Mauser-type controlled round feed extractor is the most positive case extraction system ever invented, and features a fixed blade-type ejector that positively ejects the empty cases as the bolt is moved fully rearward.
- Developed with Gunsite, this rifle is “Gunsite Approved” and features the Gunsite name rollmarked on the receiver and engraved on the grip cap.
- Also includes: rugged, one-piece, stainless steel bolt; three-position safety; sling swivel studs.
- Features the Ruger Precision Rifle® Hybrid Muzzle Brake to effectively reduce recoil while minimizing noise and blast to the sides of the shooter (thread protector included).
- Model Number: 6837
- Caliber: 450 Bushmaster
- Stock: American Walnut
- Front Sight: Protected Blade
- Rear Sight: Adjustable
- Capacity: 4
- Thread Pattern: 11/16″-24
- Barrel Length: 16.10″
- Overall Length: 37″ – 38.50″
- Material: Alloy Steel
- Finish: Matte Black
- Barrel Feature: Ruger Precision Rifle® Hybrid Muzzle Brake
- Length Of Pull: 12.75″ – 14.25″
- Twist: 1:16″ RH
- Weight: 6.6 lb.
- Grooves: 6