The SR-556® offers Ruger’s legendary rugged reliability, and comes factory standard with a host of accessories that todays shooters demand. Employing a patent-pending, chrome-plated, two-stage piston driven operating system that provides the user with a cleaner, cooler running, reliable firearm that is truly state-of-the-art.
The chrome-lined gas block and chrome-plated piston and regulator work together to provide a smooth power delivery stroke to the bolt carrier. The by-products of the gas system are vented out the bottom of the gas block, away from the bolt carrier, keeping the action clean and free from contaminants. The end result is significantly improved performance over gas driven rifles.
The SR-556® Takedown is an innovative twist on an already innovative rifle. Compact and easy to maintain, the SR-556® Takedown sets a new standard for the modern sporting rifle.
- The takedown barrel is removed from the upper receiver by simply moving the slider bar towards the breech, rotating the barrel and pulling it free – no tools required. Installation is simpler yet – just slide the barrel into the upper and twist until it locks. The takedown mechanism provides a repeatable point of impact.
- MSR shooters that desire a larger cartridge will be excited to find that a replaceable barrel kit chambered in 300 AAC Blackout is available on ShopRuger.com. This range-ready barrel’s headspace is set at the factory and comes complete with a metal flip-up elevation & windage adjustable front sight and two, 30-round metal magazines marked with “300 AAC BLACKOUT” to ensure easy differentiation.
- Ruger® patented chrome-plated, two-stage piston with multi-stage regulator provides a cleaner, cooler running, reliable firearm with superior operating endurance. The two-stage piston provides a smooth power delivery stroke to the bolt carrier.
- The Ruger® Elite 452™ AR trigger is a two-stage trigger that offers a smooth, crisp, 4.5 lb. trigger pull. The Ruger Elite 452™ features a full-strength hammer spring for consistent primer ignition and a lightweight hammer that enables a 30% faster lock time over standard MSR triggers.
- With front and rear folding iron sights, the SR-556® Takedown is ready to go to the range right out the box. The front sight is both elevation & windage adjustable, meaning that when you swap barrels, the zero stays with the barrel.
- The lower receiver is fitted with the Magpul® MOE grip and MOE SL collapsible buttstock on the mil-spec buffer tube. With a length of pull ranging between 11.1”-14.4” the fit can be perfect for most any shooter.
- Precision-rifled, chrome-lined, cold hammer-forged Mil-Spec 41V45 chrome-moly-vanadium steel barrel ensures accuracy and longevity. A Ruger® flash suppressor is provided and the ½”-28 threaded barrel allows for standard muzzle accessories to be installed.
- Supplied with three Magpul PMAG® 30-round magazines (a lightweight 556 NATO magazine).
- Also includes: convenient carry case; lock; three, 30-round Magpul® PMAG® magazines.
- Model Number: 5924
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO / 223 Rem
- Stock: Black Synthetic Collapsible
- Finish: Manganese Phosphate / Hardcoat Anodized
- Sights: Folding Iron Sights
- Height: 7.75”
- Barrel Length: 16.12”
- Overall Length: 32.75” – 36”
- Width: 2.5”
- Weight: 7.1 lbs.
- Twist: 1:8” RH
- Grooves: 6
- Length of Pull: 11.1” – 14.4”
- Capacity: 30
- Thread Pattern: 1/2”-28